Get a Window Air Conditioning Repair Service When Your Cooling Unit is Not Working Properly!
Although there are various types of AC units, the most affordable and easy to install domestic ones, are the window air conditioners, which are a type of split unit coolers. Such ACs, however, need to be maintained on a regular basis, as they may suddenly reduce the volume of cool air they dispatch around your property.
When a window air conditioner is not functioning to its full capacity, you may need to book an air conditioning repair service. Only an expert technician can perform the unit inspection up to the standards and fix it if something is not functioning right. If you need emergency services, however, you may check your AC before your technician arrives. Today Marv Aire Services will provide you with some tips on how to do this:
- Make sure you unplug your air conditioner before you begin unscrewing and removing its front grill. You may then need to pry off the grill using the flat end of your screwdriver.
- Call a family member or a neighbor to help you slide the AC unit inside your property. Place it over the floor, so that it won’t move when your technician starts working on it.
- Try checking the mesh filter covering the fins on the evaporator coil by removing it. If it is very dirty you can clean it with some bleach and dish soap over your kitchen sink and then leave it to dry.
- Vacuum the evaporator coils and then remove any dirt that remains on the coils after vacuuming with a brush.
- Vacuum the condenser coils afterward and remove any dirt that remains on the coils after vacuuming with a brush, like you did with the evaporator coils.
- Remove dust or dirt particles from your fan blades with a vacuum cleaner. Before you do this, however, you may want to wait for your air conditioning repair technician to arrive and straighten the bent fins of your evaporator and condenser coils. This can be done with a special tool called fin comb.
When the air conditioning specialist arrives and inspects your AC the rest of the heavy-duty repairs can be done. He will then help you reinstall the mesh filter, the grill, attach the unit to the external wall, etc., as well as to plug the air conditioner cord back into the wall outlet. Callus and we guarantee you will be able to hire the most professional air conditioning repair specialists in the area of Atlanta GA!