When Should I Call an Air Conditioning Repair Service?
If you’ve had an air conditioner long enough, then you are probably well familiar with the maintenance it requires to function properly. There are some things that you can fix and maintain on your own. Of course, there are things that require the attention of a certified air conditioning repair service. This article should help you make the difference between the two types of malfunctions and save a lot of money on repairs.
1. The first case in which you may need the assistance of an air conditioning repair service is when the wiring starts to give defects. It’s a common problem which requires some experience in dealing with wiring and electricity. We don’t recommend you trying to fix your own wiring because it’s dangerous. If you’re not sure what you’re doing, then you should definitely leave it to a professional.
2. If your unit is not cooling your home properly, then this may not be a simple case of delayed maintenance checks but a serious malfunction. This is the most common sign that something is wrong and needs attention. It could be caused by many things. For example, the refrigerant liquid level could have dropped due to a leak.
3. Another problem that may decrease your unit’s efficiency is a problem with the cooling fan outside. It’s responsible for transferring the heat from your home outside. If it overheats, it is likely for the compressor to trip the breakers causing it to stop working. This automatic precautionary measure is designed to help preserve the compressor, so even if it overheats there is still a chance it can be fixed.
4. Your outside unit is exposed to various weather conditions, and unless you keep it safe, it will deteriorate and start to malfunction. It’s a matter of maintenance, but if you fail to keep it safe, it will require a visit from an air conditioning repair service.
5. Last, but not least, the outside coil could simply freeze and block the air ways and the filter system. Air conditioners are fragile systems, so make sure you leave yours in capable hands.
If you are located anywhere in Atlanta GA, then you shouldn’t have problems with finding a suitable air conditioning repair service. Just give Marv Aire Services a call at: (404) 766-0231!